Sunday, September 16, 2012

Alzheimer's Walk

Yesterday I had a really neat opportunity to participate in the 2012 Walk to End Alzheimer's. Since I work with elderly people with Alzheimer's and Dementia it was a really neat experience. I joined people from my work and walked only about a mile, we wore Hilltop shirts, and hats that some of our residents had decorated. We carried flowers with us for the first lap, there were all different colors that resembled different things. I had a yellow flower that showed I care for people with Alzheimer's. After our first lap we all "planted" our flowers. It was neat to see all of the different people there and hear their stories. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw this is really really cool. I love the symbolic
    Colored flowers. I would love to participate in something like this. I bet this ment so much to those families with loved ones who have Alzheimer's :) love it.
    Lexie and Brayden
    Mrmrsward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete